AIG Guaranteed Acceptance Whole Life
American General is financially strong with an “A” rating according to A.M. Best. They came into the GI world in 2017 with their new Guaranteed Issue Whole Life Policy.
The AIG GI policy has the following features:
- Application: Anyone between the ages of 50 to 85 can apply.
- Benefit: Coverage amounts from $5,000 to $25,000
- Graded Death Benefit: 24 month waiting period
- Life insurance riders are available (not in all states) and include:
- Chronic illness rider. This rider is added at no cost to you. You can access your benefit amount (up to 50%) with qualifying illnesses.
- Terminal illness rider. Early access to 50% of your death benefit is available to you if you’re diagnosed with a terminal illness.
- Accidental Death: No waiting period for accidental death. Policy pays immediately on accidental deaths.
- Extra: Payer of the policy can be someone other than the policyholder.
AIG’s graded death benefit will pay 110% of the premiums already paid if the policyholder passes away in the first two years. The entire death benefit pays out beginning in the year three. AIG is a great option if life insurance is needed for someone’s parents who need insurance coverage but cannot afford the premiums.
AIG Guaranteed Acceptance Sample Monthly Quotes
All rates are subject to change and are for comparison only:
Rates based on Males Age 50
- $ 5,000 = $26
- $10,000 = $51
- $15,000 = $76
- $20,000 = $101
- $25,000 = $126
Rates based on Females Age 50
- $ 5,000 = $18
- $10,000 = $35
- $15,000 = $52
- $20,000 = $69
- $25,000 = $86