Applying with Sagicor
Sage Term’s online application is fast and convenient. The application takes less than 20 minutes to complete with your agent. You agent will ask you the qualifying questions, beneficiary information, and other basic details. The qualifying questions are structured to disqualify you if you have significant health or lifestyle issues.
You must answer NO to these qualifying questions:
- Do you have HIV?
- Are you currently receiving health care at home or require assistance with any activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing, feeding etc.?
- Are you currently confined to a hospital, nursing facility, psychiatric facility etc.?
- Are you currently in a correctional facility or prison?
- Is your driver’s license suspended or revoked, DUI or more than 2 moving violations in the last 24 months?
- Have you been diagnosed with Alzheimer’s or Dementia, Cirrhosis, Emphysema or COPD?
- Have you been advised to have diagnostic tests, surgery, or medical procedures in the last 12 months that haven’t been completed?
- In the past 24 months been diagnosed or advised to have treatment for cancer, heart attack, stroke, TIA, drug or alcohol abuse?
If you were to answer YES to any of these questions, you won’t qualify for the Sage Term Non-Medical Exam product. If you answered NO, you will be able to proceed with the application. There are additional questions on the application. They won’t disqualify you, but may change your health class rating. You may have to give more information for all of the yes responses.
Final Outcome: When your application is completed and submitted by your agent, you may get an instant decision. If the final outcome is acceptable, you can purchase your policy and pay for your 1st premium.